Corinna Engel - Tax Policies in the European Union - If you start a business in the EU.




Regulation on Public Documents - Translation no longer required in other EU countries

If you are outside the EU, you need help with certified translations.

For help, contact us here


If You Start Up a Business in the EU, and you are outside the EU, for example South America or the USA, you need help with certified translations for local service providers, such as lawyers and accountants, or with authorities, courts, and more and with taxation.

Legal paperwork needs to be translated and you need to apply for EU VAT if yo sell digital for example digital services to end customers.

Tax policy in the European Union (EU) has two components: direct taxation, which remains the sole responsibility of Member States, and indirect taxation, which affects free movement of goods and the freedom to provide services in the single market.

With regard to direct taxation, the EU has however established some harmonised standards for company and personal taxation, and member countries have taken joint measures to prevent tax avoidance and double taxation.

On indirect taxation, the EU coordinates and harmonises law on value-added tax (VAT) and excise duties. It ensures that competition on the internal market is not distorted by variations in indirect taxation rates and systems giving businesses in one country an unfair advantage over others.


Starting you business in the EU? We can help you, Contact us here




Popular posts from this blog

Corinna Engel - Harmonization of European Contract Law Through Directives and an Optional Instrument !